Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Blog Post #2

Jax Zrubek
Blog Post 2
September 26th


For this blog post I chose to use a sentence from the week five reading. "The Brain of Einstein" was the specific part of this reading.

"There is a single secret to the world, and this secret is held in one word; the universe is a safe of which humanity seeks the combination".

The reason I chose this sentence from the reading was because it drew my attention and focus back in through the rest of the reading. Sometimes I have a difficult time focusing on readings for class, especially after a long day of school. Occasionally I find myself day dreaming unintentionally and having to go back and find my place. For this section of week five, this sentence triggered something in my mind. E=MC2 is Albert Einstein's famous equation. This reading was talking about how Einstein has been the closest person to metaphorically crack the safe of the universe since humans have been alive. My whole life I've wondered what else is out there, what the meaning of life is, and how I got here. I'm sure everyone has thought this. This week's reading was interesting for many reasons. Learning about mythologies and all of these ticky tacky theories rattled my brain a bit. People have been telling myths and stories since the beginning of time. They evolve and change over  time according to whatever the modernized time says about it. The way I like to look at it is that it is like a game of telephone. One person whispers something in another person's ear, and then the next person gives their version to the person next to them, and it goes on and on. By the time it's at the last person, it usually has nothing to do with what the first person said because each person's twist or changes altered the whole entire thing. This leads me into religions, and what people say are true about the world and what aren't. The history of our race if you will. What is scary, is there are so many different religion's, so that people can have their own faith of what happens after their life comes to an end. In reality, no one know's. Otherwise there would be an answer. But that is also the other beauty of life in a sense. In reality, you only get one shot at life, and that is what makes it exciting. Fulfilling every moment of life is one of my goals, and sometimes it is hard to do that because of all the distractions and craziness that comes along with it. Curveball's are thrown, and things happen. Some like to say everything happens for a reason, which very well might be the case, but that is another one of those things no one knows is valid or not. The main thing that this reading did for me, was help myself realize that there is no answer or equation to life. You get one life, and that's it. Life is too short to care about all of these myths and equations to crack the code of life because it's basically impossible. Finding myself thinking about "what if"a lot of times, which gets me no where. Not to sound cliche, but life is what happens when you're busy making plans. It is true, and for those who spend their whole lives trying to crack the code of life and what not, good luck! And to each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment