Monday, September 18, 2017

Blog 1

In this journal I wanted to talk about the concepts of listening. Everyone has their own ways of listening and comprehending. As Phenomenologist Don Ihde (2007) explains, " I do not merely hear with my ears, I hear with my whole body. My ears are at best the focal organs of hearing" (p.44).The listening process involves five stages: receiving,understanding, evaluating, remembering, and responding. Active listening is a particular communication technique that requires the listener to provide feedback on what he or she hears to the speaker. The listening process involves five stages: receiving, understanding, evaluating, remembering, and responding. Active listening is a particular communication technique that requires the listener to provide feedback on what he or she hears to the speaker. Three main degrees of active listening are repeating, paraphrasing, and reflecting. Active listening is a particular communication technique that requires the listener to provide feedback on what he or she hears to the speaker, by way of restating or paraphrasing what they have heard in their own words. The goal of this repetition is to confirm what the listener has heard and to confirm the understanding of both parties. Listening is a common thing that us as human beings take for granted and don't really know the importance of listening. In my life in countless conversation I have not really focused on the back and fourth of a conversation. In class sometimes as a student I don't active listen to my professor because my mind goes else where. I feel like as humans we should communicate and really more careful

No comments:

Post a Comment