Thursday, September 28, 2017

Blog #2


For this blog, I feel as if some people are seeing the negative connotation of fear in this piece, but I have decided to take the positive approach. There was a quote in the piece by Gomez that states that “Fear is what makes us great. It’s what makes us commit to the leap and dive in, full bodied, and risk and dig and push. Fear means something really important is on the line…And I thank God that I am only as strong as those fears I am willing to confront…Fear, ultimately, is the reason I have survived.” (Gomez pg. 61) When most people think of fear, they think of things that they are afraid to do and why those fears will stop them from doing something great. However, this piece takes a different approach on fear. It shows that the fears that we have in our life may appear to have negative effects on us at first but eventually it will drive us to do something bigger than ourselves. It will drive us to become better than we could possibly imagine. Fears shouldn’t be holding us back from the goodness that life holds. If we let fear control us and make ourselves sad or depressed because we feel as if we can’t do something or someone will judge us because of it, then we aren’t living life to the full potential.


People today are too focused on what others will think of them and they have become too sensitive to what others think of them. Why does it matter what other people think? Why has that fear of having to impress everyone confiscated our lives? That is something that has to change. My goal from now on, is to let my fears empower me. I want my fears to push me to fight for things in my life and in turn make me a better person as a whole. Fear doesn’t have to take over your life. Don’t let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment