Thursday, March 1, 2018

February Blog Post

“It can be hard to stand up in a crooked room”- a quote from sister citizen


I think this quote holds a lot of meaning for me personally, I grew up always comparing myself to my brother, he was the brains of the family and I was always the athlete, never being able to get the grades he got no matter how hard I tried. But if you look at the back side of it, my brother felt the same way as I did, but he was never going to be as good of an athlete as I was at the time. It goes to say, if your life I your head of comparisons and doubt, you won’t be able to reach your full potential of what you can be. If you do something for yourself, for no other outside reason, such as to impress somebody, prove somebody wrong, you will then be able to stand up. But the hardest part is figuring out if you are standing crooked in a straight room though. And I attribute that to attitude, hypothetically, if all of your friends were negative people then you are always surrounded by negative activity AKA a crooked room, and the only way for you to stand straight is to have a positive outlook on life, and attitude, and vice versa. And I think as millennials it is hardest for us, with the negativity we see on the news, the social media we are so infatuated with what people say about us and the current societies view on body image, it is a lot to be internally dealing with at once, and to stay positive especially if you don’t fit the norms, it will feel like you are always In a crooked room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment