Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Blog post 3

Akilian Butler
Comm 160
Blog Post 3

For the month of March I read ahead on the poem by Berry & Adams. The story on family bullies. Thinking on the subject I don’t think anyone finds bullying to be a positive action. The majority of bullying comes from internal feelings and conflicts of the bully ands what he or she is going through. Being picked on is something no one wants, and definitely not from a family member on a consistent basis. You would think that someone would be there to resolve any and every situational conflict a family has within themselves, instead of prolonging the problem.
In the article, there is research on the typical households where there are harmful actions. And ways they can change the habits that are being made on the daily basis. The author uses personal experience to relate to the situations being shared throughout the article. The difference between private and public, micro and macro, and personal and cultural. Seeing that there are two worlds in every aspect of things. More cultural families have a bond in their relationships, like Father and son, or  mother and daughter. Communication between the two is something critical to the relationships in a household or throughout family. Some of the conversations that should happen between parent, don’t due to the child not being comfortable discussing that with their parents.
After reading this article I realized how much I can relate to some of the research. While growing up I wasn’t very comfortable talking to my parents about the things I was going through or experiencing. I would rather discuss things with my brothers, aunts or uncles. I felt funny talking to my parents about things, because of their reactions and the things they would try to tell me to do to better the situation in their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment