Friday, September 7, 2018

Blog Post #1

The two topics I would like to focus on are paraphrase plus and continuing metaphors. Both, resonated with me immediately and I think both are extremely valuable when it comes to language, listening and people all around. I would like to start with paraphrase plus. First I would like to focus on school. Throughout my last few years at Boise State, I have quickly realized that copying down slides and words from professors doesn't work for everyone. To personalize context by not only putting it into your own words but also relating it to past experiences and life has helped me through some of my most difficult hurdles. For example last week you had us get in our groups for the logical fallacies to discuss, relate and put them into a context that made sense to us.
    As we move onto continuing metaphors reading through my notes of the definition I put down reminded me of my mother. A woman who aspires to connect with people to make situations and life easier to understand. My mother was just the first thing to pop in my head but I feel continuing metaphors move mountains when it comes to all kinds of therapy. Understanding life and why life happens can often take a toll on the emotions Through Paraphrase plus and continuing metaphors the world seems more compatible.

No comments:

Post a Comment