Friday, September 7, 2018

Blog #1

My name is Octavius Evans, and the thing that really touched me in the lecture was dialogic listening. The reason I picked to talk about this because I think it’s very unique how we think we communicate with family, friends and other peers around us. Dialogic listening emphasize conversation between people so that they know you are paying attending, create attitude towards the conversation, focus on the end result of the conversation by telling the person what they think could happen in that situation. As a speaker I feel like I would rather have this kind of conversation because I like when people give me feedback and tell me stories about similar situations because it let me know what to expect in the future and what can happen. Also, because you get ideas from each other by speaking the truth because everyone is different. The reason I say active listening is not one of my favorite is because I think it’s a very friendly conversation to me that don’t really have a true meaning of a conversation because I feel like the listener only tell the speaker what the speaker wants to hear and repeat things that already been said. And I learned in Communication class that you have to be willing to say what you believe to create solutions to the problem speakers have. Active listening can be half did like if I’m communicating to someone and they are telling me what I am saying to them we are not getting anything out the conversation and that’s so frustrating to me as the speaker because it happens all the time in today’s society.


No comments:

Post a Comment