Monday, October 1, 2018

Blog#2


   In communication class we talked about two types of stage metaphors frontstage and backstage, these two metaphors had a lot of things going through my head as we went through the lecture. Front stage and back stage are concepts within sociology that refer to different modes of behavior that we engage in every day. I picked this topic because I feel like we all are familiar with this stage because we place people that we want to know are business into these two categories. For example, my family only know my back-stage information because I only feel comfortable sharing problems and embarrassing things to them because I know they won’t judge me. Front stage is what we do when we know that others are watching or aware of us so therefore I think of it as something that you’re not afraid to hide from people and something that you’re not afraid to share with friends, teachers etc. This go even deeper because as human beings we rely on these two categories to place people in the front and back stage metaphors. The way we place people into the two categories can be variety of reasons like values, beliefs, and common culture practices of social group. This is something I’m definitely proud I learned about because I think its nice to know how we place people in the two categories so many spectacular things that we see each other do every day to build some form of relationship with each other to create that front and back stage relationship with people all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment