Wednesday, March 1, 2017

From the reading, Fear Beneath the Façade
  For the month of February I chose to write about the publication by Andreas Gomez. After reading the story it made me think about what it means to be a man, a father. The story talks about how men are not allowed to show any signs of emotion be afraid. I find this true today.  The male is supposed to be the tough one. For Andreas, he was wanting to be tough like his dad seemed to be. I feel that the men are tough on the outside yet soft on the inside. From the reading it made me think about how my kids look at me. Do they see the tough and rough father figure or do they see me as the loving and caring dad? The reading made me think of my expectation towards my kids. I hope that they can see me as the caring loving dad. The story made me think about my own marriage and how I am committed to staying with my wife even through the difficult times. There are times where I have thought about divorce like Andreas’s dad. But the thought of devastating my kids makes me more committed to my wife and family. It made me sad reading about the dysfunction of the family. It is not the way a family should be.
How to the kids react to the dysfunction.  Kids are resilient. They are tough and get through the tough times through the support of the family. I think that it is important for the kids to have a mom and dad.  The stable home helps provide a safe environment for the children.
  The reading stated that Andreas’s had his dad on pedestal before the divorce. He was the kids He Man superman. This is what I hope that my own kids think of me. I want them to look up to me.
  The divorce tainted Andreas’s relationship with his dad. The end of the story he faces the fears of being a husband and a dad. The fears are true for me I have fears of being the father and being the husband. I am like Andreas.  I have the strength to make it through the fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment