Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March Blog Post

Carly Whittaker
Christina Ivey
Comm 160
Tuesday-Thursday

March Blog Post

            I found a very interesting topic from chapter 10 in the textbook about interpersonal relationships. The author in Communication: A Critical and Cultural Introduction, talks about interpersonal relationships being, “The interaction or exchange that occurs between people who are in an interdependent relationship” (p.192). I have taken a communications course that dealt with interpersonal communication and I found it very interesting. People rely and depend on people with whom they feel comfortable or  close with. For example parents and kids, spouses, family members, coworkers, friends, and the list could go on and on. I like how the book and my interpersonal class talked about people who lacked dependency could lead to indifferent communication. I would agree that I have many interpersonal relationships mostly with different family members. I have had a bigger experience with it ever since movie states away for college. My parents live in California and we constantly talk twice a week. I am continually telling them how much I love it here in Boise and they continually tell me how much they miss me. If I didn’t have them I wouldn’t have been able to come to school here. They are such important people in my life and I would say they are for sure my biggest interpersonal relationship besides my sisters. Like the book says on page 192, “It is interpersonal because both, at least to some extent, rely on or fulfill something in the other.” To me it is very important to keep these relationships strong and continually growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment