Thursday, November 2, 2017

Blog post 3
Hannah Wardhaugh


The one thing that I thought was very important from the readings we did in October, was an aspect of how relationships affect culture. In the reading, the author explains, “...it is important to challenge and reconsider the canonical, non voluntary understanding and social importance of these relationships, especially in extant research and everyday conversation”. This idea really stood out to me, because usually, when somebody is making my life hard or frustrating me, I don’t think about the positive impacts of that. Being challenged can make me stronger, and learning to forgive and forget will always make me stronger, and also happier with my life. We all pay too much attention to what someone is doing, and their intent, instead of looking at the bigger picture. If we each learned how to deal with these situations in a healthier way, things may be more peaceful for us individually and society as a whole. In a article I recently read, “How Culture Affects Our Relationships”, the author explains that there is always inbuilt conflict. There is conflict based on how we are socially and culturally wired, therefore we will always have differences with people that we are closest with. This can cause anger and frustration, but also can be a good thing when it comes to open mindedness. All in all, learning how to deal with differences whether it be family, friends, or acquaintances, is ultimately the healthiest thing we can do for ourselves and for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment