Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Blog Post #3 (October)

Dawson Danner
Blog Post #3
Comm 160
October 31, 2017

Quote: “Putting images inside your head is just like eating.” - Thich Nhat Hanh

Now that we are pretty far into the semester, I feel that I have learned about many different interesting topics and concepts during the classes I have attended to.  Out of every reading and powerpoint we have looked at since the second blog post, this quote by Vietnamese monk Thich Nhat Hanh really stood out to me.  In today’s society, a lot of images are looked at closely in order to gain a sense of what the image represents.  Some pictures may be very hard to decipher the message it is trying to convey.  I feel that the quote I chose is very interesting to look at.  People eat regularly, on average 3 times a day, and I feel that people come across images regularly as well due to the world we live in.  Whether it is at school, on the TV or internet, or when you are simply walking through a shopping center, we see images and they are aimed to directly put them in our head or get us thinking.  According to this website, eating and thinking go hand in hand.  Just like eating, thinking is something we, as humans, need to do in order to survive.  In order to relate this article to the quote I chose, thinking about images in your head is something that we need to do live our lives, just like eating.  Overall, this quote has allowed me to gain a better understanding of what people think about and how they relay those thoughts from their head through communicating with other people. Now that I have explained my thoughts on this quote, I am very interested to hear more quotes that I am able to break down throughout this class in these monthly blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment