Thursday, February 2, 2017

Blog numero uno

The concept of having a 'critical perspective.' (page 6)

From the textbook, a critical perspective means 'that we question and challenge what we experience, never taking anything for granted.' We did not go over this in class much, but as I was reading through the text I came across this concept and thought that it really implied to me. I don't think that I question information enough, or push to find out more whether it's just talking with a friend, or seeing news online. I often don't care enough, or just over look it doesn't really cross my mind to read more about the article for example.

In my opinion, it would be a smart thing to do to start questioning and challenging things thrown at me online or by people, as it would mean I might retain more of the knowledge being thrown at me, and also be far more understanding of the mechanics behind a scenario. For example, i could apply this concept to my role on the tennis court. I my coach is telling me to swing faster on the ball, I should find out the reasoning for this critique so I can understand how it would impact the ball and overall improve my game.

I am currently reading a book by Chris Abbott called '21 speeches that shaped our world.' I feel like it can apply to this concept as he carefully deconstructs multiple speeches into this is how, and this is why this speech belongs in this book. Of course the great thing about this concept though, is that it does not have to stop there. I believe that you could push a critical perspective onto any information, it is in my opinion a reason for communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment