Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Listening and Advocacy

     "I worked for an Italian NGO, working with African countries, setting-up technical projects.  And every single project we worked on, failed.  Not because we Italians did not know what we were doing, we are good people and wanted to do good work.  But we failed because we did not listen to the local people and do what they wanted or needed."
                                                                                       -Ernesto Sirolli (TEDtalk, Nov, 2012)

     This is a terrible trap to get caught-up in, and unfortunately, it is a very easy trap to fall into.  I myself, have been snared by the idea that I knew what was best for someone else.  Someone that I deeply wanted to help, but failed to take their perspective into account.  Now, I find myself speaking with, and working with, at-risk populations that are now homeless, and I must stop myself, take a moment and listen to what they want and/or need.  This is not an easy task, as after all, I have the know-how, the resources and the expertise to get the job done.  Right?  Wrong.  Sure, I might have years of experience planning communities, designing homes or even speaking to funders to get the resources that we need to do the job.  However, if the persons that I am trying to help don't buy-into the idea, then they won't see it through to the end and all of my efforts will be for nothing.  I must listen to them.  Really listen.  Get to know their stories, understand their lives and where they are coming from to truly know how to approach their specific issue or issues, and get them to buy-into the solution.  Only then can I ever hope to create the kind of permanent change that we all want for those we wish to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment