Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October Post

By: Cassidy Miller

This class has influenced culture by showing Mickey Mouse Monopoly and the negative views that we were unaware of as a child through the dialogic communication. Mickey Mouse Monopoly has shown children that abuse is okay, through the Beast talking to Belle and her wanting to be by herself, and the Beast making her come down for dinner, "You’ll come out or I’ll...break down the door!" This is showing children that abuse is allowable. Dialogic communication is communication in the form of dialogue, its a verbal way of communicating. Although when I was a child, I never thought about the Beast being abusive man until I saw this movie, also I did not like the Beast because he was to loud for me. I never thought of him as being abusive. Children don't see the problem in this but I could see how children could think that is not okay to treat their future spouse.

When parents allow their children to watch this movie, I would say that they should tell the children that this is not allowed to treat others. This is a good children's movie but its important to underline the abuse of the story. The Beast as being a large freaky animal is already scary to begin with and children like I was. I never saw the Beast as being abusive but this movie Mickey Mouse Monopoly as shown me the more in-depth view of Beauty and the Beast. The dialogue is very cruel towards woman, and the parents watching this movie don't realize it.





No comments:

Post a Comment